This qualification is primarily aimed at practicing electricians with relevant experience, and other allied professionals (e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IET Wiring Regulations).
It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate an understanding of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671).
The IET Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671).
It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018 Amendment 2.
City and Guilds
It allows candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
– City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (2392-10)
– City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Building Regulations for Electrical Installation Contractors in Dwellings (2393-10)
– City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Initial Verification (2391-50)
– City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection (2391-51)
– City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing (2391-52)
– City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering (4467-04)
100% overall A-Level pass rate
97.4% of our apprentices progressed to employment or further study.
Destination data for Sunderland College 2019/20, Apprentice completers.
Our excellent student support services and expert staff will help you reach your potential.
Recognised regionally and nationally for our high-quality approach to careers education