4 GCSEs, at grade 3 (D) and above including Math's and English at grade 3 (D) or above.
Alternatively you may be studying a Level 1 or Level 2 course at present and are looking to progress.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||please enquire||No additional costs - except for the expectation of bringing a pen to classes.|
During this course students will be taught in a range of methods which will include theory lessons and practical lessons to be able to develop the skills which the digital industry requires.
In addition to this students will assessed in a range of methods which will include exams, written assessments, practical assessments, presentations, demonstrations plus more.
By the end of this course students will have a portfolio created which can demonstrate their skills to industry professionals.
English and Maths are important life skills that will help you to achieve your best in your studies and progress to your dream career. If you have not already achieved grade 9-4 in GCSE Maths and/or English at school, we will support you to improve your skills.
During this course, students will benefit from industry taking part in live assignment brief projects, guest speaker slots, guest lecturers and visits into industry.
You are not required to be on campus when you do not have a timetabled lesson, although we would strongly recommend that you are.
Making effective use of our learning facilities and resources during such study periods, will ensure that you keep on top of your work and make significant progress in your studies, not to mention developing important time-management, organisation and independent-study skills.
The aims of the BTEC First Extended Certificate in Information and Creative Technology are to:
- Inspire and enthuse learners to consider a career in the Information and Creative Technology sector
- Give learners the opportunity to gain broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the Information and Creative Technology sector
- Support progression to specialised Level 3 qualifications in Information and Creative Technology, or to an apprenticeship
- Give learners the potential opportunity, in due course, to enter employment in a wide range of job roles
The modules you will study are:
- The Online World
- Technology Systems
- A digital portfolio
- Mobile Apps Development
- Database Development
- Software Development
- Website Development
- Automated Computer Systems
Across the units within the BTEC First Extended Certificate learners develop:
- Project-/self-management and independent-learning skills, as each unit is an individual project or forms part of a larger project
- Communication skills, such as when producing design documentation and when obtaining evaluative feedback on products or systems produced
- Business awareness, as assignments are set in a vocational context
On completion this course, you could progress to a Level 3 IT related course with us.
This will help you to progress to Higher Education and a career in IT in the future.
100% overall A-Level pass rate
97.4% of our apprentices progressed to employment or further study.
Destination data for Sunderland College 2019/20, Apprentice completers.
Our excellent student support services and expert staff will help you reach your potential.
Recognised regionally and nationally for our high-quality approach to careers education