In this course you will learn the fundamentals of computer programming using a high-level language such as Python.
Content will include topics such as:
- Computational thinking and algorithms
- Declaring and assigning variables and constants
- Understanding sequencing
- Selection and iteration to control the flow of the programs you create
- Using arithmetic and logical operators
- Understanding data types and data structures
- File-handling and data operations
- Graphical user interfaces
- Programming paradigms
- Integrated development environments
There are no entry requirements for this course.
You will be taught using a range of teaching techniques including:
- Classroom teaching
- Online lessons
- Using a range of software development platforms
- Group work
- Research tasks
- Practical Activities
You will be assessed by:
- Developing a software solution for a given task
The course will be delivered at Bede Campus on a Tuesday evening (6pm to 8.30pm)
Following this course you could apply to other college courses or find an apprenticeship.
Find out everything you need to know about Sunderland College and our exciting range of courses!Register for our next open event
100% overall A-Level pass rate
97.4% of our apprentices progressed to employment or further study.
Destination data for Sunderland College 2019/20, Apprentice completers.
Our excellent student support services and expert staff will help you reach your potential.
Recognised regionally and nationally for our high-quality approach to careers education