Course Type / Attendance
16-18 Year Olds
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who are interested in a career in engineering welding fabrication within manufacturing industries or who would like to progress to a Level 3 welding.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need to have completed level one welding or be on the first year of your apprenticeship with at least two GCSEs at Grade D or above including Mathematics.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course has three mandatory units:
- QPEO2/001N Working safely in an engineering environment
- QPEO2/002N Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- QPEO2/003N Using and communicating technical information
As well as three optional units such as:
- QPEO2/022N Producing sheet metal components and assemblies
- QPEO2/029N Preparing and using semi-automatic MIG, MAG and flux cored arc welding equipment
- QPEO2/027N Preparing and using manual metal arc welding equipment
How you will learn
This course is taught with a mixture of classroom based theory and practical welding work.
You will be expected to contribute to the cost of PPE (Overalls and Safety Boots)
Where could this course take you?
After completing this course you could progress to a level 2/3 in welding technical certificate which can lead to other higher engineering courses.
You could also use the course as ‘off the job’ training and apply for Apprenticeships in Engineering or as preparation for Engineering in the Armed Forces.