Course Type / Attendance
Award to be received
Who is this course for?
This programme will provide learners with an introduction to the role of a steward at spectator events. Learners will develop knowledge and understanding of the key concepts which underpin spectator control, monitoring crowds, controlling spectator movement, communication, teamwork and health and safety.
What do you need to apply for the course?
To be eligible you must:
- Be 19 or over as of 31st August 2018
- Have lived in the European Union for the past three years
- Not be a current learner with The Skills Network or another provider
- Learners must reside in England
- NOT have done the course of interest before
What are the key things you'll learn?
This qualification is aimed at anyone considering a
career in stewarding at spectator events. It is also
suitable for anyone already working in the industry
who wishes to formalise and further develop their
existing experience and skills.
This course is split into manageable units. These are:
- Unit 1: How stewards control the entry, exit and movement of spectators at events
- Unit 2: How stewards monitor crowds and respond to potential crowd problems at spectator events
- Unit 3: How stewards prepare for spectator events
- Unit 4: How to respond to injuries, illnesses and other emergencies in active leisure and learning
- Unit 5: Understand how effective teams work
- Unit 6: Health and safety in a work environment
- Unit 7: Fire Safety Principles
- Unit 8: Safeguarding children and vulnerable people at spectator events.
How you will learn
Classroom, Distance and Blended learning
Where could this course take you?
Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the security industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
What costs will you incur?