Course Type / Attendance
Electrical and Engineering
Call 0191 511 6000
City & Guilds
Who is this course for?
- Personnel involved in the electrotechnical sector such as electricians, designers, inspectors who wish to update their knowledge to the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition.
- Learners who wish to gain an understanding of BS7671.
What do you need to apply for the course?
- Experience in the electrotechnical sector prior to applying for this Course would be beneficial.
- A copy of BS7671
What are the key things you'll learn?
This award gives the learner an understanding of the application of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition. It provides a facility for individuals working in the electrotechnical sector to develop and/or enhance their knowledge of the BS7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations.
How you will learn
You will learn in a classroom through lectures and classroom teaching / activities. There will be an open book Multiple Choice Theory Exam at the end of the course.
Where could this course take you?
This qualification ensures that you are up-to-date with the latest industry regulation on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. It covers the 18th edition of the IET Wiring Regulations, which came into force in June 2008. These regulations are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS7671).
Upon successful completion of this qualification you could apply to study upon:
- The Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- The Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
What costs will you incur?
Course cost is £430.00