Electrical and Engineering
Call 0191 511 6000
16-18 Year Olds
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who are interested in a career in engineering welding fabrication within manufacturing industries. You will complete a Level 1 qualification in the first term and progress onto a Level 2 qualification in the second term.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need at least two GCSEs at Grade D or above including Mathematics.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course has three mandatory units:
- QPEO2/001N Working safely in an engineering environment
- QPEO2/002N Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- QPEO2/003N Using and communicating technical information
As well as three optional units such as:
- QPEO2/022N Producing sheet metal components and assemblies
- QPEO2/028N Preparing and using manual TIG or plasma-arc welding equipment
- QPEO2/029N Preparing and using semi-automatic MIG, MAG and flux cored arc welding equipment
- QPEO2/027N Preparing and using manual metal arc welding equipment
How you will learn
This course is taught with a mixture of classroom based theory and practical welding work.
Where could this course take you?
During this course you will complete a level 1 qualification in the first term and a level 2 in the second term. Upon completion you could progress to a level 3 course which can lead to other higher engineering courses.
You could also use the course as ‘off the job’ training and apply for Apprenticeships in Engineering or as preparation for Engineering in the Armed Forces.
What costs will you incur?
There will be associated costs incurred by anyone completing this course and you will be expected to contribute to the cost of overalls and Safety Boots as well as pens paper etc.