Course Type / Attendance
Health, Social Care and Childcare
Award to be received
Level 2 Certificate
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for those aged 19 and above along with being suitable for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of common childhood illness.
What do you need to apply for the course?
This is a knowledge-only qualification, therefore, work experience is not mandatory.
What are the key things you'll learn?
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses to enable them to support the development and wellbeing of infants and children they support/care for.
How you will learn
You will be allocated your own study pack and have a personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge. This will mainly consist of a written assessment for each unit, which will be assessed by the tutor as well as two simple observation exercises. (This course is also available on-line)
Where could this course take you?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Working with Children in Early Years and Primary Settings
• Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
• Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
• Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education
• Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Early Years Education and Care
What costs will you incur?
No costs incurred.