Home / News / Ubisoft Reflection speaker switches students on to their future career

Ubisoft Reflection speaker switches students on to their future career

NextGen students at Sunderland College had an inspiring visit from a renowned game developer to support their future progress within the industry.

Craig Pearn, Head of Talent Acquisition at Ubisoft Reflections, visited second year NextGen students to offer them invaluable advice on developing job ready portfolios, CVs and covering letters. He also spent time with students individually to review their current portfolios.

Antony Cain, NextGen Lecturer at Sunderland College, said:

“This informative visit really helped to put the students future progression in perspective. The students are learning so much and developing new skills every day and now have a much clearer idea of just how good they need to be. The one-to-one time with Craig has given students the extra motivation to polish up their portfolios and keep pushing to be the best digital artists they can be.”

Ubisoft Reflection is a prestigious British video game developer company based in Newcastle. Thanks to the visit, students have a better understanding of the high demands of the games industry and are in a better position to apply for job roles.

Adam Lyons, who is studying Level 3 Extended Diploma NextGen Games, Animation and VFX at Sunderland College, said:

“I intend to progress to university after I have finished my course at college so it was amazing to not only learn what I will need to strive for during my time at university but also how I will need to present it. Craig had the expertise to help any of the students on the course, from programmers to 3D artists, and he was able to answer any questions we had.”

Find out more information about NextGen digital courses.