Home / News / Salon Professional students showcase their talent at the AHT National final

Salon Professional students showcase their talent at the AHT National final

Our hairdressing and barbering students show they are a cut above the rest taking part in the association of hairdressers and therapists national final competition.

After competing at the regional heats in Newcastle and receiving some fantastic results, the team travelled down to Blackpool to compete in the national finals against colleges and training providers from up in Scotland down to Wales.

Each student performed excellently in the final and returned to the North East with some excellent results. Laura Beth Minto received 3rd in ladies blow-dry, Ionela Bratu received 3rd in ladies cut and blow-dry and Kier Snowdon received 4th in men’s commercial cut.

Mark Sowerby, Sunderland College Lecturer in Barbering

“I am so proud of the whole team, they represented themselves and the college fantastically. This is a great achievement for them and has helped to grow their skills and confidence in the salon industry.”

Debbie Oliver, Sunderland College lecturer in Hairdressing added:

“I was immensely proud of the student achievements and to see them all collaborate and congratulate each other as a team. It was a fantastic event for all to get involved in.”

Laura Beth Minto Level 2 Hairdressing student continued:

“I was absolutely over the moon with my success at the finals, I feel like I have come so far and gained so much confidence in hairdressing since starting the college in September.”

If you are interested in studying hairdressing or barbering at Sunderland College, click the links to find out more and apply!

Photo Credit: Alpha24Images