Don't worry if you are returning to education, we have a wide range of expert student support services to help your transition and to ensure you have a high quality, supportive learning experience.
At Sunderland College, our students can access a range of services, including academic and financial support, guidance on careers and employment, help with UCAS and university applications counselling, and pastoral care.
Ofsted rated us OUTSTANDING for the personal development of our students.
- Our expert Learning Support team can help with specialist services and equipment to support your studies including portable loop systems, study materials in alternative formats, communicators, readers, support workers, specialist arrangements for exams, help with access and mobility, personal care and support for mental health
- We can guide you through the UCAS process and help you to complete your form and personal statement with our expert application clinics
- Your Personal Tutor will help you to settle into your new college environment and adapt to student life. They will be your first point of contact for any issues. Our HE Academic Support Tutor can support you through one-to-one support sessions and group tutorials on academic writing and referencing and other academic support issues
- You could be eligible for financial assistance! This could include help with transport costs, childcare and bursaries
- We can provide counselling and support for personal and health-related issues to ensure you get the very best out of your time with us
- Our award-winning advice and guidance team can support you with expert careers and course guidance, UCAS applications, future study options and much more