The course is specifically aimed at existing practicing electricians, electrical technicians, and engineers with experience of electrical installations, and associated inspection and testing. You will be provided with the necessary training to enhance your existing skills to install Electrical Energy Storage Systems (EESS).
You will cover a range of topics, such as:
- Introduction to Electrical Energy Storage Systems (EESS) (Battery Storage)
- Legislation, Standards and Industry Guidance
- Preparation for Design and Installation
- Initial Verification Methods Relevant to EESS
- Handover and DNO Notification
You will be assessed via a multiple choice exam and a practical assessment.
The course has been designed to meet the requirements of dedicated Electrical Energy Storage Systems (EESS) in accordance with the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems and the MCS Battery Standard MIS 3012.
The installation of these EESS is work that can be carried out by competent, qualified operatives holding appropriate pre-requisite qualifications. The aim of the training course is to ensure individuals have the knowledge and skills to carry out this work.
This qualification has been designed by BPEC in conjunction with MCS. The course is specifically aimed at existing practicing electricians, electrical technicians, and engineers with experience of electrical installations and associated inspection/testing to provide the necessary training to enhance your existing skills in order to install Electrical Energy Storage Systems (EESS).
You will study modules including:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understanding the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical Installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
City & Guilds
On completion of this course, you will be able to safely and successfully install Electrical Energy Storage Systems (EESS).
100% overall A-Level pass rate
97.4% of our apprentices progressed to employment or further study.
Destination data for Sunderland College 2019/20, Apprentice completers.
Our excellent student support services and expert staff will help you reach your potential.
Recognised regionally and nationally for our high-quality approach to careers education