This short course will introduce you to the principles of programming in Python.
You will learn about the 3 basic programming constructs (selection, sequencing and iteration) and you will also produce your own software application.
There are no entry requirements to enrol on this course.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||please enquire||This is a full cost course which incurs approximately a £150 fee. There are no options for fee remission.|
This course is taught via face-to-face delivery.
You will produce a small portfolio documenting your progress.
You should be confident at reading and understanding technical language, and be confident with numeracy to Level 1/GCSE grade 3.
Lessons will be 3 hours per week and will take place on one day per week.
In addition will need to able to commit to around 3 hours self-directed study per week.
The course will run on Thursday evenings between 6pm-9pm.
Sunderland College Certificate
On completion of this programme, you could take another short course such as:
– Internet of Things – programme a Raspberry Pi Pico device and interact remotely over the internet
– Cloud 9 – an introduction to cloud computing
– Robot Wars – build a robot and learn the basic principles of robotics
– Code Craft – create a software application in Python
– Ethical Hacking – practical ethical hacking techniques using Linux Virtual Machines
100% overall A-Level pass rate
97.4% of our apprentices progressed to employment or further study.
Destination data for Sunderland College 2019/20, Apprentice completers.
Our excellent student support services and expert staff will help you reach your potential.
Recognised regionally and nationally for our high-quality approach to careers education