Course Type / Attendance
Call 0191 511 6000
Adult, Distance Learning
Award to be received
Level 2 Certificate in Event Planning
Who is this course for?
This course is a useful introduction for 19+, adult learners who wish to pursue a career as an event planner or for those working in or preparing for a wide range of job roles in diverse sectors which require them to plan and organise events as part of their responsibilities.
What do you need to apply for the course?
No previous knowledge and experience are required; however, minimum level 1 English skills would be beneficial for completion of assessments.
What are the key things you'll learn?
Unit 1: Planning an event
- Section 1: The extent of the events industry
- Section 2: The scope of the event planner role
- Section 3: Planning an event
- Section 4: Planning for contingencies
- Section 5: The need for health, safety and security measures.
Unit 2: Reviewing and evaluating an event
- Section 1: The importance of review and evaluation
- Section 2: The sources of information available for evaluating an event
- Section 3: The range of tool available for event evaluation
- Section 4: Planning the evaluation of an event.
Unit 3: Marketing and market research for event planning
- Section 1: Understand why market research is important
- Section 2: The methods and resources available for marketing
- Section 3: Planning the marketing of an event.
Unit 4: Planning human resources for events
- Section 1: Understand how an event is managed
- Section 2: Understand the team which contribute to an event
- Section 3: Understand the human resource requirements for an event.
Unit 5: Communication and customer service for events
- Section 1: Understand the importance of communication at events
- Section 2: Understand equality and diversity in relation to events
- Section 3: Understand why customer service is important at an event
- Section 4: Produce guidance on expected standards of customer service for staff use.
How you will learn
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a learner support advisor.
This course is available:
- Fully on line
All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects or progress to further training. You could also progress on to further study in the field or other Distance Learning programmes.
This qualification could assist in gaining the following employment opportunities and potential salaries:
Event Planner – up to £28,000 per annum (possibility of a much higher salary dependent on experience).
Event Co-ordinator – up to £23,000 per annum.
Customer Service – up to £19,000 per annum
Sales – £18,000 + per annum
Progression to other college provision – Business Administration, Team Leading, Customer Service
What costs will you incur?