Hair, Beauty and Barbering
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Who is this course for?
This course is for Level 2 qualified hairdressers or barbers who would like to enhance their knowledge and skills to a Level 3 standard
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need to have a Level 2 qualification in barbering.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course covers the following topics:
- Health and safety
- Promoting additional services
- Designing and creating facial shapes
- Creatively cutting hair
- Providing shaving services
- Designing and creating patterns in hair
- Colouring hair using a variety of techniques
How you will learn
You’ll learn through a variety of teaching methods including practical work in our dedicated barbering salon and theory and written assessments.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course you could move in to a variety of careers including working in a salon, self-employment, or working overseas in hotels or on-board cruise ships.
What costs will you incur?
Depending on your circumstances you may incur some costs including:
- Tuition Fee (19 plus)
- Registration Fee (19 plus)
- Textbooks (19 plus) approx £30
- Kit (19 plus) approx £34
- Workwear (19 plus) approx £20
- Deposit for Kit (16-18) approx £30
- Deposit for Locker Key £5.00
- 2 block heads at £37 each (required at different stages of the course)
- Personal expenses during educational visits.
If you are aged 19 or over, on the first day of your course, studying at Level 3 or above, you are able to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the costs of your course, similar to arrangements for higher education students.