Course Type / Attendance
Health and Social Care
Call 0191 511 6000
Award to be received
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to increase their awareness and understanding of bullying, including how to recognise when bullying is taking place, taking action to stop bullying and the legislation surrounding bullying.
This course aims to increase awareness of the types of bullying that can occur, what factors can create a bully, the legislation surrounding bullying, and how to help an individual who is being bullied.
It would be suitable for anyone who works, or would like to work, with children and young people.
What do you need to apply for the course?
No previous knowledge and experience are required, however, minimum level 1 English skills would be beneficial for completion of assessments.
What are the key things you'll learn?
Unit 1: Principles of bullying
- Section 1: What is meant by bullying
- Section 2: Key features of what behaviour is considered bullying
- Section 3: What is meant by cyber bullying
- Section 4: Bullying in context
- Section 5: The short and long-term effects of bullying
- Section 6: Discrimination.
Unit 2: Recognising bullying in children and young people
- Section 1: Individuals who may be at risk of bullying
- Section 2: The signs that a child or young person may be being bullied
- Section 3: Why children or young people bully
Unit 3: Action to be taken when a child or young person is being bullied
- Section 1: How to support a child or young person who is being bullied
- Section 2: How to approach the potential bully.
Unit 4: Understand government guidelines for bullying
- Section 1: The Equality Act 2010
- Section 2: Government and Ofsted guidance on tackling bullying
- Section 3: Policies and procedures for bullying.
How you will learn
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a learner support advisor.
This course is available:
- Fully on line
All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects or progress to further training. You could also progress on to further study in the field or other Distance Learning programmes.
What costs will you incur?