Course Type / Attendance
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Award to be received
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to build on the skills they have gained at level 1. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
What do you need to apply for the course?
Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying
What are the key things you'll learn?
- General core units;
Unit 202/602 Principles of building construction, information and communication
Unit 201/601 Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Occupation specific units;
Unit 204 Build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
Unit 205 Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
Unit 206 Construct cavity walling
- Practical assessments
- Online/paper-based testing of knowledge
- Functional Skills in Maths and English/GCSE
- Functional Skills are also integrated into the course
- Study programme
How you will learn
You will learn through a variety of methods including: classroom teaching / craft workshop activities / library and learning resource centre work / information technology activities / tutorials / directed work with other students/ directed study in the learning centre.
Where could this course take you?
Upon completion of the level 2 course you could progress onto the level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying or you could apply for an apprenticeship.
What costs will you incur?
- There is a fee of £20.00 to cover the cost of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use during practical sessions.
- The course may also involve you in personal financial expenditure as follows:
- Purchase stationery
- Purchase of consumable materials