Course Type / Attendance
16-18 Year Olds
Award to be received
National Diploma in Acting
Who is this course for?
This course is for people with a strong interest in drama and performance and who are looking for a full time course in this subject.
What are the key things you'll learn?
There are four mandatory units you would study covering the following content areas:
- Skills and techniques for performance
- Group performance
- Performing Arts in the community
- Research, critical analysis and extended writing skills
The other units you would study are:
- Physical Theatre
- Acting Styles
How you will learn
The teaching learning will include a mix of practical and theory.
During the first year you will take part in six assessments, two of these will assessed by an external examiner.
You will be assessed within practical performances, written evaluations, log books, presentations and VIVA.
Where could this course take you?
This qualification is intended to carry UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers and will offer the opportunity to progress onto performing arts-related degree courses, or specialist drama school training.
This course provides opportunities to develop employability skills such as:
- Cognitive and problem solving skills – Critical Thinking, applying expert and creative solutions, using systems and technology.
- Intrapersonal skills – Communicating, working collaboratively, negotiating and influencing, self-presentation.
- Interpersonal skills – self-management, adaptability, self-monitoring and development.
What costs will you incur?
Trips will be organised during the course which will incur costs.
Drama uniform – black t-shirt, black leggings or jogging bottoms and jazz shoes or indoor shoes.